Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sculpture and Concrete




Men with the right tools can do amazing work in a small amount of time.

James Patrick Jr. and Israel Sanchez of A Cut Above Concrete Cutting made short work of a section of the studio driveway. No tool lust for their big concrete cutting machines, but I did have the hots for their Burke-bar. Israel used it to move big chunks of concrete with ease. (Middle photo) When I have $120 to spend that's my next tool purchase.

They came on time, listened to me, did the job quickly and cleaned up the mess before they left. What more could I ask for?

I'm enjoying the contrast of chaos and order before planting fruit trees where there was pavement.

2 comments:

Susan Gallacher-Turner said...

So...less concrete and more dirt...so that means more garden?
More flowers? Or more veggies?

Have fun with your new creative space!
Susan

Patrick Gracewood said...

Well fruit trees is the long term plan, but until they grow up and actually get a canopy, I'm planting veggies under and around them!